Massage Therapy Edmonton
Massage therapy has been used for thousands of years to help with a wide range of medical conditions and is generally considered as a form of complementary treatment and alternative medicine. In addition to offering relief from injury, massage is an effective treatment for reducing stress, as well as easing pain and muscle tension. Many find relief from the following ailments through consistent massage therapy sessions:
- Digestive disorders
- Headaches and migraines
- Myofascial pain syndrome
- Soft tissue strains or injuries
- Sports injuries
- Stress-related insomnia
Massage Therapy Available At Innovation Physical Therapy
There are numerous forms of therapeutic massage, so taking a moment to understand the different types of massage available is beneficial in helping determine which best fits your personal needs.
Two of our physiotherapy clinics offer exceptional massage options from professional massage therapists. Each massage therapist is trained in certain styles; therefore, it’s important to view our massage therapist bios to ensure your preferred technique is offered.
- Deep massage: slower, more forceful strokes to target deep layers of muscle and connective tissue. Deep tissue massage is commonly used to help with muscle damage from injuries.
- Myofascial massage: targeted towards releasing muscular shortness and tightness. Many individuals seek this form of massage treatment after losing function following an injury or if experiencing ongoing pain in any area containing soft tissue.
- Pre-Natal massage: focused on helping ease tension and help with both relaxation and pain relief. Benefits include reduced pregnancy back pain and increase blood circulation.
- Sports massage: similar to Swedish massage, a sports massage is geared towards individuals who are involved in sports activities and is focused on helping both prevent or treat injuries.
- Swedish massage: a gentle form of massage that uses long strokes, kneading, deep circular movements, vibration and tapping to help relax and energize.
- Table Thai Yoga massage: features similar benefits of Traditional Thai Massage, which includes gentle rocking, rhythmic compression, and passive stretching. The result is the body feeling reenergized and relieved of tension.
- Trigger point massage: a massage technique that focuses on areas of tight muscle fibers that can form in your muscles after injuries or strenuous use.
Our Edmonton & Sherwood Park Massage Therapists:
Innovation Physical Therapy is proud to offer outstanding massage therapists with credentials that include:
- Over 2,200 hours of clinical massage practice
- Members of the Certified Registered Massage Therapist Association (CRMTA)
- Members of the Remedial Massage Therapy Association (RMTA)
Visit our Sherwood Park, Meadowlark, Namao and West Henday clinics for your massage therapy needs.