The Benefits of Sports for Kids
- Benefits of sports participation in kids include:
- Improve motor skills
- Decrease the risk of obesity
- Decrease depression
- Lower high-risk activities
- Boost self-confidence and self-worth
- Improve social skills
- Increase academic performance
- Reduce peer problems
- Emotional problems
- Develop discipline and goal setting
(Merkel, 2013; Felfe et al, 2016).
It’s no wonder that most parents want to find the perfect sport for their children. So, what are the best sports for kids, and how do we keep them healthy and happy while they participate?
Picking the Right Sport
For any child, the best sports are those that keep them motivated. But it’s important to consider the child’s age when choosing a new activity to participate in.